Originally under the aegis of several private companies, the water supply finally came under the unified IoM Gas & Water Authority. The original Douglas reservoir was situated at Summer Hill (SC394775); the Clypse, the first additional supply, opened in 1878 (SC403808), Kerrowdhoo (SC400802) was opened in 1893 and Baldwin (or Injebreck) was finished in 1905 (SC360802). The southside of the Island is served by Cringle Reservoir (SC253745) whilst the north is fed from Ballure (SC454729) which was originally developed by the Ramsey & Northern Water Board in 1858, and the vast new Reservoir at Sulby Glen (SC373895). Smaller reservoirs exist in Glen Rushen (SC247785), Konslieu (SC289781), Eairy (SC299778) and Michael (SC335893).
Utilities - Water Supply